Thank you for loving Basic-H. Know that your influence will be felt in this Smith household every time we clean. The kids can spray and scrub windows and bathrooms without feeling intoxicated by stinky chemicals.
Thank you Quaker Duck.
I’ve decided to get rid of all the cleaners with fumes:
1. Honestly, I don’t use all the random cleaners I buy. Waste.
2. Truman really likes to help scrub windows and I feel bad when the wind blows the spray into his face. Ick.
The down side:
1. I always think cleaning with vinegar is such a great idea until I use it again and then I’m reminded how much it really, really, really stinks the whole fam out.
2. No matter what cleaners you use, the work still has to be done.
The new plan:
1. Basic-H. I have the 3 spray bottles for windows, general cleaning, and degreasing. It is a concentrate so it only takes a tiny amount (like 2 drops – 1 1/2 tsp for a big spray bottle)
2. Baking Soda. I bought a huge bag once for something in R.S. so I have oodles.
3. Vinegar … just a little. Or I might just cut this out period.
4. Essential oils. I’ve been using lemon oil & Citrus Bliss with a bit of soap with water in a spray bottle to wash kitchen counters. I love how it smells – way different than lemon and orange smells from store products. The oils are disinfecting so I feel like the counters are clean … yet safe to put food on afterwards. The Essential Oils will hopefully help hide the stinky vinegar.
5. OnGuard Cleanser. I’m curious to try this and see how well i think it cleans & sanitizes.
These are some sources in the DoTerra Magazine that I liked:
I guess we’ll see how this new plan goes over the next little while. May my house become super clean someday! There is always hope!